Narendra Modi Stadium is the world’s largest cricket stadium, with a seating capacity of 132,000. It is located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India, and is named after the current Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi. The stadium was inaugurated in 2020, and it has since hosted a number of high-profile cricket matches, including the 2022 Indian Premier League (IPL) final.
While Narendra Modi Stadium is well-known for its size and grandeur, there are a number of facts about the stadium that you may not know. Also, here are 10 unknown facts about Narendra Modi Stadium:
10 Unknown Facts About Narendra Modi Stadium
1. The stadium has the largest LED screen in the world.
The LED screen at Stadium is 155 meters long and 34 meters high. Indeed, it is the largest LED screen in the world, and it provides spectators with a clear and immersive viewing experience.
2. The stadium has a rooftop terrace with a 360-degree view of the city.
Moreover, the rooftop terrace at Narendra Modi Stadium offers spectators a 360-degree view of Ahmedabad city. The terrace is a great place to relax and enjoy the view before or after a match.
3. The stadium has a museum dedicated to the history of cricket in India.
Furthermore, the museum at Narendra Modi Stadium showcases the rich history of cricket in India. Then, the museum houses a collection of cricket memorabilia, including bats, balls, and jerseys worn by legendary Indian cricketers.
4. The stadium has a rainwater harvesting system that can collect and store up to 11 million liters of water.
Indeed, the rainwater harvesting system at Narendra Modi Stadium is one of the largest in India. Also, the system helps to conserve water and reduce the stadium’s reliance on external water sources.
5. The stadium has a solar power plant that can generate up to 1.5 megawatts of electricity.
As a result, the solar power plant at Narendra Modi Stadium helps to reduce the stadium’s carbon footprint and make it more sustainable. Then, the plant generates enough electricity to power the stadium’s lights and other electrical equipment.
6. The stadium has a cricket academy that provides training to young cricketers.
In addition, the cricket academy at Narendra Modi Stadium provides training to young cricketers from all over India. Also, the academy has state-of-the-art facilities and is staffed by experienced coaches.
7. The stadium has a food court that serves a variety of cuisines from all over the world.
As well as, the food court at Narendra Modi Stadium serves a variety of cuisines from all over the world. Also, Spectators can enjoy everything from Indian street food to international cuisine at the food court.
8. The stadium has a gift shop that sells a variety of cricket merchandise.
The gift shop at Narendra Modi Stadium sells a variety of cricket merchandise, including bats, balls, jerseys, and hats. However, Spectators can purchase cricket merchandise to remember their visit to the stadium or to give as gifts to friends and family.
9. The stadium has a medical center that can provide first aid and other medical assistance to spectators.
The medical center at Narendra Modi Stadium can provide first aid and other medical assistance to spectators. The medical center is staffed by experienced medical professionals who are equipped to handle a variety of medical emergencies.
10. The stadium has a parking lot that can accommodate up to 10,000 vehicles.
The parking lot at Narendra Modi Stadium can accommodate up to 10,000 vehicles. This makes it easy for spectators to travel to and from the stadium.
Here are other facts you didn’t know about Narendra Modi Stadium:
- The stadium bears the name of India’s Prime Minister.
- Originally known as the Motera Stadium, the stadium was constructed in 1983.
- In 2020, the stadium underwent renovations and received the name Narendra Modi Stadium.
- The stadium is the largest cricket stadium in the world by seating capacity.
- The stadium is also the largest cricket stadium in the world by field area.
- The stadium has 11 pitches, and it can host two matches simultaneously.
- The stadium has a state-of-the-art drainage system, which allows matches to be played even in heavy rain.
- The stadium has a number of amenities for fans, including food courts, restaurants, and bars.
- The stadium also has a number of facilities for players, including a gym, a swimming pool, and a sauna.
- The stadium is one of the most environmentally friendly stadiums in the world.
- The stadium is also one of the most accessible stadiums in the world, with ramps and lifts for people with disabilities.
As a result, Narendra Modi Stadium is a world-class cricket stadium that offers a variety of amenities and attractions to spectators. The stadium is also a sustainable and environmentally friendly facility. If you have the opportunity to visit Stadium, be sure to check out some of these unknown facts about the stadium.
Narendra Modi Stadium is one of the most iconic cricket stadiums in the world. The stadium is known for its state-of-the-art facilities and its unique design. However, there are a number of unknown facts about the stadium that many people may not be aware of.